Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's not often i talk about my life growing up...but i felt the need to share a bit..

Growing up my mother..who had me when she was 14..bless her heart..really didn't know what to do with me and my brother whom she had 2 years later...she'd dump us off at various family and friends houses...and it may be a few hours or days until i saw my mother again..this would happen mostly when we were on vacation or something but it was rare she'd make us miss school intentionally..this one time my mom dropped me off at my aunts house..1 day turned into a complete 2 years..she was off with a friend in ft. lauderdale..and i thought even in my young age she was frivolous as shit..she'd write but I'd have nothing but ether to write back..i was very articulate and grown for my age..being around so many adults forced me to open my eyes a decade before my peers..at any rate mama came back to bmore..and tried her damnedest to woo me and my baby bro...you know boys will be boys..so he sided with her and together they worked on me to give my mother another chance..when i decided yes...she moved us into some projects..I'm sure it was the best she could do..but ultimately it led to the demise of my small family...at first it was fun living right by a McDonald's, 7-11 and corned beef row..and eventually they'd build the Harbor and the Gallery...my mom was on welfare and back then they got paid on the good assistance..we had allowances..we did family things but slowly i noticed mom stopped taking us places..we had new uncles..clothes wasn't being washed..the house was a mess..and then i caught her shooting up..it was the worse day of my life and all i could say to her was I'm telling grandma..from that point on she used our apt..as a small hotel for her druggy friends...she'd make me and my bro share a room while she rented the other out..she'd have drugdealer boyfriends...my life was a mess..i started wearing clothing out of the hamper going to school smelly..i hated my mother...one day i came home from school..i saw a swarm of cops..and i knew instantly it was our apt before they even got there...i ran up the 7 flights of steps..and as soon as i got inside..i heard the kaboom of the ram on our door...our house was officially a stash house and we were raided..clothing every where..the walls were wet..my clothing destroyed..my life a hot ass mess..as they dragged my mother away..i had tears in my eyes..how could she do this to us? Thereafter me and my brother proceeded to live in our apt. without adult supervision for 2 weeks..i had already taken to cashing my mother's stamps and checks and was taking care of home well before we were raided...It wasn't until a cousin saw me out shopping one day he asked me how i was..i said I'm fine..he asked where i was living..and me like a fool said in the same apt. next day we were removed from our home .. me and my brother were split up...... who knew that this would be the beginning of a whole new life...but i could care less because i felt my shit was already fucked up...i didn't care so why should anyone else..i felt expendable and looked over..and i thought to myself..this is my life.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Carls said...

You know I Lub you Sha. I always knew you had stuff in your history. From our many of conversations light, heavy, and all between. I can't lie in that I didn't think I wanted to hear it. But I can't help but wonder what cause the walk down reminiscent blvd???

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger BewRadley said...

i was writing in a post about my growing up and being who i am today..and it sparked that memory..the mind is wonderous the things we section off and rewrite later.

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Carls said...

That's some truth. There are things that spur memories that I hate. IT WON'T LET ME ESCAPE CERTAIN MEMORIES!!!! But eh, it makes me who I am. Even if I don't know it or accept it yet.

We learn, grow, and evolve. I was thinking about that whole premise the other day...I even wrote about it. lol. Oh well, it the box it went.

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Sin(ere said...

deep... real tragic, but deep.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger ihsanamin said...

Plenty of stories like this one, and they should all be told, IMO.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sha...
i'm not sure what spawned this revelation today but you know you are so special and touch the lives of everyone you meet. The fact that your childhood was fucked up breathes life into the words don't let where you come from dictate where you are going.

You are the greatest person in the whole wide world!! and you are still doing it for yourself!!!lol

love ya,
yo
p.s. uh...i'm still waiting on that "how to be fabulous like sha" class..lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home