Monday, June 11, 2007

I had a entry pre written from a tipsy mini stupor Saturday after leaving the raw bar @ Faidley's but i re-read it..although entertaining, i decided against it...and decided to go with what's on my mind this morning.. As I'm listening to "Goodbye" sent to me by one cool dude I was thinking about the pros and cons of a relationship..Now for me the pros outweigh the cons because that's just who i am..I'm willing to put in the work and get in the trenches all for the glory of love(obscure karate kid reference) Anyway sap aside, I've witnessed a few tiffs this last past week betwixt various couples..some couples this is their M.O. but other couples you really feel that arguing isn't their best look because it shows thru and thru. Watching one couple go thru the motions i've remembered times where i've been out with a S.O. and an argument was picked for fucks sake over something as small as me not "asking to share his time with my bestfriend." We were in Chipotle in NYC of all places when i merely said I know Deans has been working all day..i'mma drop her some food off on the way in..I thought no biggy it's 3pm...I can drop this food off, hug my bestest and keep it moving...in nyc the bestest and the ex lived a mere 5 mins by sedan...so anyway..we're in chipotle i order..and i heard this voice get loud.."YOU NEVER ASK," he exclaimed..and i thought for a second i know this is not him beastin on me in public...this dummy has lost his mind..i turned around coolly and said, "WHAT?" He pulls me to the side "you're here to see me"...Now when I'm in a relationship..i'm about your time..but their are a few people that i take calls from and see..i'm not the alienating type of broad in a relationship..i don't leave all my friends by the wayside to lose my identity to "us" But going on with the story...i picked the food up...and was quiet the whole train ride..and the walk to the bestests house..we went in bade everyone hello and sat for a second..it was then he decided he needed to talk..upon going outside i let him have it..and told him i didn't take kindly to being backed in the corner like i was a bad ass cat..he said that my actions proved that i enjoyed being single..i thought what an ass..here i am traveling every weekend..tired from seeing him..and he's gonna preach to me...i broke it off...i never saw a dude cry over some shit i did till then...it shook me cause 1. i wanted to laugh( like seriously...i didn't need it..not after u bitched me out) 2. he had lost his mind if he thought this was his idea of retention... and i said all that to say public fights ain't cute...and i witnessed once Saturday while out with friends..and you can always tell when a couple rifts while out because the friends look divided and antsy...they don't wanna let the argument bring the night down..but at some point everyone starts to bail..it really bought down the high of the evening..but not enough sober me up...:) People if your wanna have a lover's spat...save that crap for alone time..don't subject others to your love games..

Last nights game was horrible..at one pt in the first qtr, i got it in my mind that i was changing the channel from this mess..I mean i was offended and thought cleveland looked absolutely terrible.. I gave a friend of mine crap during the playoffs..about cleveland ruling...but after last nights game..i feel i owe his ass something..we'll see what he comes up with. I know it's only game two but still...damn man !

Now back to dating...hence the title of this blog...Me and my bestest was discussing another friend of ours and how he was oblivious to the fact that a chick was secretly dating him..now the way this goes is..in her mind she's getting closer to getting in..in his she's friend zoned for the time being or until both parties are finna do the monkey..It's hilarious because I've been secretly dated in the past under the guise of friendship..it wasn't until we showed up to a party that he accidentally let it slip that i was his "girlfriend" like bold as day he was like this is my "girlfriend" i was like what? He later said..he felt put on the spot..and "his friends kept asking what was up with us." I mean why did i have to be the last to know? It didn't last too long thereafter...So folks be on the look out for the secret daters of the opposite sex..they always wanna go out for drinks..hang out one on one..and do coupley things...yes i said coupley...you know you can think of some of those folks right off the top of your head.

Lastly i was gonna talk about all the things that rolled thru my head on Sunday..but I'll spare you until another day...I've bombarded you with my random musings for this day long enough.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Peter Cetera would be so proud of you

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Carls said...

Public fights ain't cool. Girl started to yell at me on some bull in front of her friends while in the car. I really almost flipped out. One because it was unjustifed two because you wanna act like this in front of people. So started to get angry and held my tongue. Mostly because I don't wanna look like that dude especially in front of people. BUt damn, they almost got left.

And the secretly dating....for real??? That works???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home