Friday, June 08, 2007

It's gonna be like a million degrees today...and the funny shit is..it's one day only...I'm like damn man..last night i could've blew the dust of my AC Unit but i always find a lil tinge of procrastination when it comes to putting it back in the window...I'm one of those people who remove the unit...only because it's an eye sore to me when it's cold out..so i had a fleeting thought this morning to put it in..but i didn't I said fuck it..maybe i can catch a movie or not come in the house till after 8..ahahah..i don't know maybe i'll go home after work and install it...who knows, all i know is when my landlord sees my AC unit in my window all he'll see is $$ signs...I'd much rather the fresh air blowing thru my apt as opposed to the AC but on those stifling days i bite the bullet..Today may be one of those days...or maybe i'll just lounge in my draws and tank top...Even if it was in, my landlord mandates that you turn the AC off when you're not at home which makes no sense because you burn more energy when you keep turning the unit on and off...blah...what's a chick to do? Happy hour right? it's always the answer!

Last night I attempted to watch the game and got very disappointed..it was from the first qtr. that i realized Cleveland is gonna get circles played around them(yes..i saw how crestfallen King James' face looked last night..specially when he wasn't hitting anything)...which made me sad...We were all witnesses to some sadness...Last night i was called a sell out since San Antonio was my fave team from youth..but i also got a pass seeing as how they fell off for a bit before their triumphant return..It's a bit strange being a chick who enjoys watching sporting events...i'll mention me watching a game or something to a female friend or my bestest and they scrounge up their faces...i'm like damn give it a chance...I'm no die hard sports chick and i could stand to bone up on stats and know the players more but i do enjoy a good show of sportsmanship...maybe it's because i played sports growing up..and wasn't much the girly girl but hey...sistas embrace some sports..stop being so closed minded...

Lastly I'd like to speak on social slip outs...Like when you see someone you particularly could live without speaking too any further than hey and hello.. The Scene: Interior Mick O'Shea's me and Dean catching a few drinks..and this dude comes in and Dean has this look on her face like dear god save me...so he realizes it's her because she's growing her hair out natural and has a sewn in weave..so instantly he comes over and immediately hugs on her and hits her with a barrage of compliments..one such gem being "you smell like you took a bath." Fellas is this what's hot in the streets? anyway..ahhahaha I was dying on the inside because we had just gotten our second round when dude got there...She downed her drink with a quickness..i had beer so i couldnt as fast..but i left my beer half drank..which is a sin for me but ah well...he asked did we want another round and i've never seen someone turn down a free drink so fast..."no we gotta go!" and out the door we went..

Speaking of half empty...I was able to ditch the whole 1st Thursday debacle last night thanks to my landlord who talked a whole bunch of nothing only to say nothing and introduce the whole building..i was somewhat pissed because i just knew it was a rent increase or increase period with this raising of bge rates...

Day 5 of my fast...I have modified the fast to meet the needs of my hypoglycemia...i feel good and light as opposed to haggard and lethargic...4 more days to go..yay me..

Oh...A friend of mines that i use to date(think: cool friends..tried romance..his ex loomed in the background crying and beggin to talk.. we weren't getting close..so we parted) had an issue with his girlfriend..He has had my spare set of keys since about 2003 when i asked him to check on my cat (Ella) I think about once a year i asked him to do that and it's on Memorial Day Weekend..No biggy I'm never home..and outside of that we don't hang much..we talk on the phone a few times..nothing romantic..He hits me on aim yesterday and says yo i'mma bring you ya keys..i was like ok and didn't think anymore about it..cause i could give them to Deana who was MIA when i needed her to feed Ella at that time..but anyway..he goes into how his girl says it's not sitting right with her about him having my keys...she's been with him those few times he fed Ella...but what's confusing him is the timeliness of her request..The first thing i thought is..she's doing her dirt..but i tried not to be so cynical..it ain't my relationship...But i was scratching my head like how do u go from wanting to meet me..which she has requested on several occasions then declined..to not feeling comfy since about 2005 when they met..*shrugs* Be consistent sistas..no one likes a bitter bertha....insecurity is a bitch.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:40 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Ok..I'm going to challenge you to name 2 players from the San Antonio Spurs of your youth. And don't worry about King James, he'll be back strong in game 3.

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger BewRadley said...

i know they were swept out of the first rounds of playoffs by the Suns in 1992/1993.. 2 players from that year--> David Robinson(of course) & Willie Anderson...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home