Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Woooo !
Back on track and well rested.
Who knew one day, well maybe 2 of some displaced rest could kill your whole works.
Friday I went home..did my hair and crashed. It was lovely until my phone started ringing. And i realized a few things...people call me to get a litmus on the night scene.. and 2 they always think my ass is getting my Paris Hilton on...now granted I am always somewhere but, aren't i allowed a breather? And when i say I'm in the house or sleep niggas wanted to talk and have meaningful conversations...sheeshhhhhhhhh lemme sleep. I tend to not turn my phone off since I don't have a land line. so i guess that's the price i have to pay.. *shrugs*

Over the weekend i got to take in the Baltimore Book Festival...and i came to the realization that every black person that was at the festival with a book wanted to break into this whole ghetto erotica thing...or this Zane going...and i was appalled.. I mean people read that shit...but damn. :( every time i turned around it was some scantily clad chick on the front and some slang title.."da milks gone bad." Or some shit like that..But the highlight was the walking literary tour of my hood...mt. vernon..Now i knew of some of the historic things that popped off but i wasn't aware alot. Such as Gertrude Stein lived directly around the corner from me while she attended JHU. I regret not getting a pic of the house but apparently the house is on sale/for rent. Other cool literary types that stayed in mt. vernon include: F. Scott Fitzgerald, Emily Post, Henry James, H.L. Mencken, and John Dos Passos to name a few...Here are a few shots i took:
Peabody Institute

the stafford

emmanuel episcopal church

The rest of the set can be seen here

enjoy.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 AM , Blogger rashad said...

I feel like Mr. Pitt looking at the first picture. Good pic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home