Wednesday, December 05, 2007

This entry is for my friends who think i have a OCD with getting ready for work, amongst other things.
Every night before I turn in for bed I always lay my clothing out for the next day. I'm so much a creature of habit, that I just do it without hesitation. Yesterday after helping a friend prepare for a holiday party(pics and story to following). I was on a high...not only had i been 1/2 of a styling team..we got him a shirt/tie/and pant for under 150. Anyway...we all dip and get something to eat..he drops us off at our respective houses. I see a note taped to the door. NO ELECTRICITY BETWEEN 12AM AND 6AM. My initial response was geez, then it was don't even trip yo black ass is sleep at those times anyway. So I went in the house did what I normally do every night before bed, save I did it first before I turned in. I got in the house at 9pm. I prepared candles so i could get dressed in the morning. I packed a small bag so i could do my makeup and hair at work...I had already been combing my hair out at work because i have been wearing hats lately. I got my outfit together, feeling accomplished I sat down and rested for a spell. Got up had a brew or 2. Took my shower and fell out. I did wake up at about 3am to pitch blackness. Normally in my apartment I keep my lil entry way lamp on but it was strange sleeping in totally darkness. I think i went to sleep at about 11ish, because when i woke up to go to the bathroom my laptop was still on but everything in the apartment was off(sidenote: good thing my cable is connected to my laptop which stays charged..just in case i got insomnia last night..i coulda watched teevee). So i got up this morning, lit the candles i had already spread around the apartment(which i might add looked stunning with the candle light). I've never been out of my apartment so fast...and i got here to work at 7. So for all my friends who joke me about my habits..suck it! I wouldnt've been able to iron a thing this morning. I suppose you're saying well you coulda called out..or called in late...at 620am the electricity was still not on...I'd rather be at work loafing in someone elses gas and electric, than at home looking dilly...I guess the moral of the story is Obsessive compulsives rock to a certain extent!

Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..As I have expressed in the past I have a desire to style people. For the past year I have been dabblin in stylin different friends and friends of friends. Mostly anyone who was fashionably challenged. Last night me and the bff Rose went to Nordstrom Rack to help a friend who's wife says he wears way too many sweats. He bought his shoes and a jacket with him..all we had to do was find him a pant/shirt and tie. This is what we came up with:


we worked the neck out but i didnt update the pic
another satisfied customer
The pants were a slate grey. The jacket was a navy with checks. It had a beige/orange/red thing going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home