Sunday, January 06, 2008

I realized in these past fews days...us single folks get a lot of hate. I mean on some ole..being single is the root of all evil. For instance, because i'm single it must be nice to pick and go any time...it sure is..but anyone can travel...right? Now my problem with that statement is..does being in a committed relationship mean u lose yourself? So much so u can't travel without them? I mean I know being one half of a couple means u sacrifice a day or 2 for the cause but your whole life? A stretch right? I can see being married..or even being married with kids..But the time to get it in, so to say is while u are young.
*sigh*
I also hate when your ideas and thoughts on things are invalid because "you are single." As if my previous years on the verge of being engaged and shacking up does not qualify me relating to someone. It's those people who view my life so candidly and jaded like that really get my gander. It's almost as if my life has to be a non stop party( all my friends come to me when they wanna know what's poppin). Can it be envy that moves these people to be so etherous when it comes to singles? Do I always have to be a threat when it comes to my male friends and their relationships? Absolutely not! Commited folks get a grip..and break that routine..after all that's what most of the hate is about..the level of spontaneity.

Over the course of the 2 weeks I had off from work, it felt odd to be unplugged. Normally I sit at my desk for 8 hours plugged in. Not for 2 weeks. Even tho I have a laptop...i didn't feel the need to go to a cafe to log on. Also I can't use my centro as a modem because it's not compatible with windows vista. It was refreshing to get calls from folks instead of instant messages and emails..maybe i'll unplug again.

:)

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger rashad said...

Last time I checked my friend, you are over 30 and a grown ass women..fuck the haters son

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home