Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It came to me from up on high that I would like to own a bar. As i pontificated what would go into owning said establishment, I began to do research and found out Baltimore hasn't granted a new likka license in eons...eons I say..So that means if I decide to go thru with my plans I'd have to buy an establishment that already has one. Making it that more hard to sculpt the place into what i want it to me. For instance if i took a dive...and made it into a sports bar would people not look past my flat screen teevees and still see the same dive they use to piss in the corner? Terrible thinking I know..but Baltimore takes the cake when it comes to reminiscing. Ideally i would also like a building with a bar downstairs and I'd have the top 2 floors to dwell. Sweet right? It all came to me as i sat in CO hearing folk complain about the night life. And that leads me to the second part of my blog entry.

Don't you hate when u go outta town and people complain about the night life? Then it's like you start the questions. What is there to do? What type of things do you like to do ? Why don't you promote the types of things you like to do? Then they get this blank look on their faces. That's when i ask the death blow question...You're still living here for what? And it is then that they make up some bs of an answer as to why they are why they are..Instead of simply saying i built a life here..this here is my comfort zone..tho i complain about how wack it is..i cant fathom starting anew somewhere else. Alot I know..but most of the time it's the truth.

One thing about going away is that it makes you appreciate what you have at home. And how high somethings are where you live in comparison. For instance I love cloves..they no longer sell cloves in Bmore. And when i go to DC or NYC they are 9.50 a pack..When i was in CO them joints was 4.75... 4.75!! And the Bidis were 3.75...wow! Not to say I'd move there but alot of shit was cheap.. A condo on the outskirts of Denver going from the 100's ....Like wow...I'm sure by the time you add in your car, insurance and other things...it's basically adds up to the convenience of living in a big city and all it's amenities.

I'm random as hell today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home