Thursday, June 14, 2007

Paranoia and you...

For the longest time,I'd say over the past 5 years I've lived in my apt, I have never thrown away anything with my name on it...why you may ask? 1. I get alot of credit card offers and i don't need anyone ruining the credit i worked hard to clean up...2. many moons ago when i was a newbie to my neighborhood i use to put my bachelorette size baggy of trash in the public trashcan on the corner...I'd make sure the small bag was firmly in the waste basket as not to be an eye sore...Shortly thereafter i went for a nice stroll down the harbor...when i came back...i was walking to my stoop when i saw thee most horrendous crop of flies...upon further inspection it was the same bag of trash i had thrown away...someone had ripped it opened, rummaged thru the trash and taped..yes taped an envelope with my name and address circled...with a threatening note..I'll never forget the note said: BITCH, THIS TRASHCAN IS FOR PUBLIC USE. IT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL TRASHCAN. NEXT TIME I WILL REPORT YOU AND YOU WILL BE FINED. Needless to say i was livid..i think i knocked on every door in my neighborhood...i was saying to myself oh you thought i was some mild mannered product of a buppies black marriage...OH HELL NAW....No one wanted to fess up to the crap that they did...so i planted another bag..and waited for the dumb mofo to do it again...I guess i did some type of guerrilla tactic myself...I was never bothered again...And personally i thought it was my landlords fault that he didn't let me know the proper place to dispense of my garbage...Ah! downtown living where the residents are crazy as shit house rats. From that point on i'd shred anything with my address on it...any and everything..I had a box of mail accumulating since i burned my poor home shredder up...we just got a new high powered 15 page shredder @ work...it slices and dices confetti style so any type of info theft is thwarted...Dressed in jeans and a short sleeve sweatshirt i packed a gift bag i got from Aruba full of mail...I arrived here at work @ 725, for the undertaking of this task...I guess i had more mail than i thought because the damn thing overheated(i have over 45% of my mail left in the bag..it should be interesting shredding this shit during the day..) and i am now blogging my experience.. :) *cues stars* THE MORE YOU KNOW!


So my main supervisor came in the office frantic about some tax documents he misplaced for a writer's association he chairs...so yesterday in my work clothing best i was on top of dusty ass boxes and shelves...not today my friend..i wore some jeans in this camp...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I'm going to happy hour today...I tend to go to my fave pub every week to have a few brews and chop it up with the other bar patrons about nothing and everything..Lately my bestest has been trying to make it a big event complete with the people from her job...don't get me wrong they are cool people, but i come here to unwind not talk about what happened @ The Dentist's office...and i tend to just sit there like oh..*sips**sips* Till my lil bro CP comes in and saves me from the monotony and we have our own lil convo which everyone eventually eavesdrops on being as tho he's usually the only dude...so CP i know you're reading this..after that ass get's out of therapy..HOlla @ Ya sis... we only got limited time to..ya moving away ass munch... :(

Anyway that's about it...other than i look really cute today...that's all..i have to toot my own horn sometimes

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Everytime i go to target i see a shredder, and think i should get one, and i convinced myself i didn't need one. i think i may need to get up on that. although i have plenty of guerilla tactics too

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Carls said...

Damn you burnt out a shedder! That's sounds like some talent. But the story of the public trashcan is the most shady shit ever. It's cool that stood your ground. I probably would have just taken that to the jaw and whatever. So I applaud not letting those people come at your neck.

talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home