Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT...

I have yet to see any of the newly released summer movies past Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I can't say I've made any efforts to see them...I think it's safe to say I no longer go to the movies alone..and it seems that my only reason to go to the movies would be on a date or with a friend...and i guess i haven't done either in this past month. One movie i was amped about was Transformers..since i was a huge fan when i was younger but after finding out Starscreen doesn't talk..and some of my other fave don't as well I'm underwhelmed...then as ifthat weren't enough...Tyrese in transformers is a stretch(this dude stays working as a actor...i hope his agent is gettin that cheddar) but Anthony Anderson too? I thought it was a 1 black minimum in summer blockbusters...I guess with Ocean's 13 beating that..because they just employee all minorities in their film..sorta like the Jolie-Pitt tribe...Hmmm i wonder how Anderson's comedic timing will go over in this movie...i guess i wont see right? I have quite a few movies in my house that i have and have not seen..and have more on the way..I discovered this..How u may ask? Monday while in my cleaning frenzy...i tried my hardest to organize my cd/dvd's but they were every where...i neatly piled them..music on the bottom,dvd's on the top...I also discovered something is wrong with my cd player..and i cant tell u how long ago i used that thing but ah well...right now it's a placeholder...

I finally got around to my kitchen last night...and i can say i was mildly put off...i've complained to my landlord that my stove was old as dust...and i wanted a new or used one...You see my apt wasn't exactly in moving in conditions when i moved in...At the time i was the property manager under another landlord..I was also in a smaller apt... and for those of you who read this, that have been in my current spot..i know you're thinking how much fucking smaller can u go? How about my apt was right underneath my current one and my whole old apt could fit into my current one..including the bathroom comfortably...When i got that apt in 2001..i was fresh out of a long relationship that went no where..so when i left a room was good..i didnt care i just needed to be out...But soon the building emptied and the landlord gave me first pick of 2 apts that opened up..the basement rear..the only perks was the off the street parking and own entrance(if u liked alley entry).. There were bars on the windows and at the time i didnt know they had portable AC units...i also thought of floods and how a basement may smell...so i passed..but as soon as Sarah and her man moved out of where i was now..i made no quarrels and i just took the apt as it was..looking back i should have asked for that shit to be painted and sand blasted..but yeah...that's neither here nor there...what i didnt know is that i needed to be out of my old apt in 2 days...so i barely had time to clean or really do anything...the kitchen was as is with the inherited grease stains..but i thought how hard could it be..damn hard...especially when the people before u didnt do that much to ward it off..so now i try my best every 2 weeks to maintain a clean exterior but it's a bit overwhelming...the old tenants also painted the kitchen that god awful green...as well as left several things in the pantry that are still there..ahahah sad but true...it just got to the point that i was like fuck it...organized around it cause who knows if i'll ever need crutches..or painting equipment...I said all that to say..u know how u entertain and u dont want anyone thinking you're dirty...well that carries with me all the time..and i think i am a bit self conscious about inviting people over for that very reason..my apt is very cozy and quaint..but i dont want anyone looking too closely..in addition i got ella who's fur tends to shed but i got that under control :)

This morning i got to the office only to be greeted by my coworkers being either late or not coming in...I never beef or catch an attitude when they're out but when i'm out i get mad shade...So this morning i just laughed because i know i have some time off coming up(yay bday and nyc trip)...and as they get mad because i have approved time off...i'll be sippin a margarita somewhere...

My blog tends to not be about one thing rather what's on my mind...As i perused different sites and blogs yesterday..i found each and every one interesting and thought about how my writing was perceived..in no way shape or form am i a pro writer but some folks have hit me up regarding opportunities...but i would hope my writing reflects who i am at the heart of it.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Anthony Anderson is always misused in the movies he acts in..except for Two Can Play That Game of course..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home