Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yesterday after work I went over my BFF's house to get a haircut. She wasn't home from work yet but i didn't mind waiting for her..so i sat there tinkering with my PSP(which by the way i just learned how to upload music and pics onto..and i had it since feb...loser right?) Anyway I'm playing with the innernets because it's wifi...the breeze is blowing and I'm just chillin..not hot..hair blowing in the wind..reflecting on how happy i am on the inside and out..shortly thereafter her future fiancee' pulls up..sees me..."BEW RADLEY", he exclaims..i giggle like i always do...he says Bew Radley in this southern redneck drawl..and for some reason it makes me giggle..because that's the way i remember it from the movie. We make it inside the house...i sniff...their house always smells like some home cooking..they always cook...So Deana comes in shortly thereafter..we go upstairs and i sit in her chair. Then the calls started and the door bell rang... She commented on how tired she was..but she said she's not out because she prayed for everything she was getting... Deana has been doing hair, makeup and nails(All things beautiful) since i met her back in 1991...she's always had this innate talent..no formal training, of just adding her touch and making it her own..and honestly that's where i get alot of my savvying from.. my knowledge of hair care and makeup application is on point because of her. D went to NYC to see if she could make a name for herself and gain experience...with the help of myself and a few other people doing referrals she was able to pop..but she missed her fam and her small niche here in bmore...so after fighting for the love of her life..she refocused..came home and decided to make it pop off in Baltimore..since she's been back her clientèle has more than doubled in size...she holds down a full time job..and comes home and does hair until the wee hours of the morning( i think she has a cut off time but she's on her grind) and yesterday was no exception...gone are the days when i was one the only steady client and it warms my heart that yesterday she had scheduled 3 appts.. but ended up with 5...2 being referrals from me(I'm her walking billboard..since she does shape me up..and razored my cut)...I'm so happy for her i can't explain on this blog..she's just dope..inside and out. i love her more than words can say..she inspires me to cultivate the artistic side of my personality..and hold on to one skill i excel at and just knock it out the park...she accepts me for who i am and is my biggest cheerleader..my shoulder to cry on when I'm down..and my reality when I'm trippin in the clouds. I appreciate my sister and she knows it.. I think i wrote all of this to say honor those u love dearly daily..weekly...monthly.. they inspire and lift u more than u know... i cant imagine my life without HER.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM , Blogger rashad said...

You should have included a picture of you new and improved cut

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger Carls said...

Miss D appreciation!!!!

I'm gonna miss sweet lil D.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home