Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ya know sometimes I'm asked why do i blog...

I blog as a means of catharsis..and my hands are not that strong at
actually writing,as they are at flying across these keys...the thoughts
flow better when I'm typing as opposed to actually writing in the several journals
i have @ home..and I do have them..I always thought..no one reads these things..so I'd purge and purge...For some of you who have been with me since the inception of this said blog, u know that this is my 3rd blog on blogger..1 previously deleted..1 just chillin on my dashboard...I reread it often...to recheck how i was feeling last year or several years ago about this time...i even blogged on myspace for a moment..but as with everything..u don't tell people everything..so when they read it in a blog it's like damn i thought we were friends...and i don't see it as me purposely withholding information..it's just that when i see someone there are a million other things to talk about that the dull and mundane things that happen in my life. But I'm finding no matter how big or small people want a connection. That was made apparent last night..As of 430 P.M. EST I let yesterday's double entry stand..Just when u thought no one was reading..i got several phone calls...A friend told me never to think I'm alone..and it's funny because i told another friend that..but i guess it's different when you yourself have a minor melt down of sorts. No amount of words can comfort you because it has to be alright within... But that discussion led to the realization that i only actually keep in touch with a handful of people..and if you fall outside of that handful, then i catch u when i catch u...and that's wrong, since i do call a few folks my friends...not just associates..i guess we all get so wrapped up in life...time goes by and we say to ourselves...i'mma call...i'mma call..but as time passes we don't and we don't..then we figure well damn it's way too late...it's never too late.. Also i was pleasantly surprised to find out more of your read this here blog daily...you just don't comment and that's fine by me...I appreciate you all...

Enough of the sappiness...

I HAVE A NEW CRUSH!!!
Now i tend to be a music snob in the way that..no one can turn me onto someone musically..i have to slowly get into something myself..and that's the case with Darien Brockington... I first heard him on a DJ Cuzzin B cd..Soul 4 Sale and i thought he had a good voice..and it was interesting..very emotion filled... I thought no more and went about my musical perusing...it wasn't until i got a Justus League sampler..wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when Big Daddy Kane was in Bmore..I never listened to it..and put it to the side with my several hundred other free cd's.. But i heard a song one day...Can we fall in love again. I really only liked the beat at first..then when i listened to the voice again and the emotion i discovered it was him and started paying closer attention...I also blew the dust off that Justus League sampler which offered 8 free songs by Darien a.k.a. DBrock. So i'm sitting here this morning..listening and yes..it's officially a crush :) I guess i needed a new one since Eric Roberson is starting to feel like a comfy tee...So check this dude out YOU MAY LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR Listen to the song here!

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM , Blogger rashad said...

You know..i have tried to get into D Brock for a good year now, and with the exception of that song Come Around I just can't. I think erro sets the bar high

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger tia said...

i will cut you for darien! lol. i've been harassing rareform to get him up here for a show. his voice is so beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home