Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I had intended to post about my excellent adventures over the course of the weekend..but something greater made it's way into my head...

What is it with younger chicks(16-20ish)? Like i know i'm going to offend some..and generalize others..And yes that's a huge age range, but is it? I don't know if women in general view each other as direct competition but I've found on more than one occasion..some young chick has tried to test me. For example on the bus this morning..I was seated near the rear of the coach and of all the seats..PJSparkles(that's what i called her because she has multi colored braids and glitter everywhere) So PJ plops down beside me..pet peeve #1..#2 she's all up on my ipod screen..#3 she kept flinging her plaits every few moments..she kept scratching them and flinging them again..Now i decided to let it slide once maybe twice but then i noticed the swing of her plaits a bit excessive after about the 3rd time and the swing started, swinging in my directions. The last time she decided to do it..i caught her plaits and said.."I don't need your plaits in my eye this morning." She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth. That i could care less about, but when she motioned to do it again..i did the same thing..grabbed them suckas and handed them to her. Now by this time it was stand off and i knew it would go there. Because from the moment she got on the bus she stared at my side profile..searching for something..an ashy foot..a hair out of place..my skin looking ratty..my nails not manicured..she couldn't find nothing..not one thing..so i knew she'd try something petty...and the braid swinging was a mess...She didn't do it again for the rest of the trip..maybe it was subconscious but she knew damn well she wasn't sitting alone. I rang the bell to get off the bus and excused myself..and she wouldn't get up..so i motioned to prepare my things..still no movement..i stood up..and yes..i bogarted her. She had this offended look on her face and i made sure my ballerinaesque skirt hit her in the face as i left the seat.. I hate when people wont stand to let u off the bus..rather opting to make u awkwardly move around them to get off..and i had on heels this morning so i wasn't for any sudden jerking and stopping motions. And this wasn't the first time that this had happened this weekend..while in NYC chillin..a dude was talking to me and a chick about in her early 20's just walked right thru us..now that woulda been fine had we not been off to the side to begin with. But she just chose to step thru..i guess to display her goods or to be petty..I didn't say anything because quite frankly i didn't feel threatened. Dude said excuse u to her..and she just was like yeah whatever..And it never went any further. I think it's rather bold to test anyone..especially a stranger u don't know from eve. I could be a crazy ass sister just wanting a reason to cut u..but i digress. Is this a direct competition of pettiness?..I couldn't imagine me and this young women going for the same dudes..altho some dudes i know have dipped into the youngin dating pool..but i cant even imagine me and these 2 women vying for the attention of the same man..I mean seriously...I was watching that age of love show..where there are 2 sets of women..ones in their 20's and the others in their early 30's ranging to 40..and the young chicks on the show have this false sense of entitlement and it's all about me'ism that was just hilarious..where as the older chicks were more comfy and settled into what it is they were giving off...maybe my calmness offended these sisters in both instances but for whatever reason it happened. *SMH* Can't we all just get along? I'm not after your men!

My ex called this weekend..rather he texted because he knew he was being an ass the last we spoke..the text was just saying how he hadn't heard from me in a moment. The last time we spoke dude said something to the effect of him barely knowing me..As is his M.O. he likes to go for the low blows and cheap shots..so i just let it rock..u barely know me let's keep it like that..I'm sure no doubt he woulda hit me with the I miss you tactics just to get me back where he had me once upon a time..but nah it's not happen..i've come a ways since we parted and i'm not really trying to go back there..me and him just didnt work..and that's it.

That's all i got for now..
but i will leave u with this cute pic of me and Ells..
I took this yesterday as i was chillin..It's times like this
that are rare when i just have that down time to just relax and let it all hang out.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 AM , Blogger Carls said...

That's crazy. Older women can be sexy. I'm not just saying that because I've been with more older women then anything else. I'm being totally objective. Really I am.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Its not just women..my intern is in that age range and he is just as annoying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home