Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I remember a long time ago a friend of mine suggested I read "The Rules" She exclaimed and gave her testimony about how the book gave her sight beyond sight(ha..thundercats) into the world of dating...Of course I paid her no mind. And as she scrutinized just about every dude she dated with these damn rules..she was no closer to capturing and retaining a husband, than the next chick.. I've never been one for self help books that were overtly preacher, but i stayed getting an Inyanla Vanzant book each year...Damn, i thought what's wrong with me?...My conclusion absolutely nothing. I think in my perusing of library and and bookstore racks I came across Sistagurl rules but, just like it's counterpart...I wasn't for it...Lemme list a few rules for u..

* Don't accept a Saturday night date after Wednesday
* Don't talk to a man first (and don't ask him to dance)
* Don't call him and rarely return his calls
* Don't meet him halfway or go dutch on a date

Apparently you have some women who swear by this...and in a recent issue of Glamour, I think Cheryl Tiegs of all people was singing it's praises.. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks.. I think i'mma do some more scouring to find out the success rate...It seems the 2 authors do seminars..I bet they do..they also offer the book in several different languages..The also have a The Rules to Online dating...who knew??? Things like this make me anxious to find my writing niche and exploit it so i can get those $$$'s why not want some notoriety?

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM , Blogger Carls said...

Yeah, notice in the picture of the two woman on the website ain't no ring on their finger either. The title seems so proper. Rules of dating and to stay only dating.

Things like that bother me to a certain extent. All those rules are fine and dandy...but they feed into old ass ways. Things ain't that cut and dry. To never meet someone halfway or return phone calls, dude is gonna think you not interested, lose interest, or just think you out right rude.

I could go on, but woman so set in old ways I find offensive to a degree. Like my one friend said, it's like selective sexism. You want to be courted in some women's right type way and then you be shocked when you find that dude and he don't let you THINK and ACT on your own accord. What you think you find some pre 1967 dude. SHEESH

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home