Sunday, August 26, 2007

My liver needs some rest...

So friday i go home after work chill out, because I have some folk in town for a music conference. Aight..I have a small salad..and a few sips of wine..figuring by the time they call and i walk down to meet them it'll be on..So i get down there meet them we end up in this spot called the side bar...2buck beer..i have 1...After being there for an hour we decide to head over to Fells Point and pass out flyers for their show which was last night...We get down there..scope some parking and bang out. Peruse a few bars...what do u know greene turtle has brews for a 1.50..so after slamming back what seemed to be a case..we leave, litter cars with flyers and head to The turntable club for a hip hop show..we get there..mingle..i see some more familiar faces...(a few of my folks joked me this weekend for being the unofficial mayor of bmore..but yeah) So i'm at the bar..and this dude comes up to me..Bew radley...i just gasps because this is not the first time someone has recognized me off Myspace but he threw in an extra zinger...Yo thanks he goes..u've been my friend on myspace for some time..u're in alot of people Top friends...and i see u on OKP major like..*egads i think* thanks? He bought me a drink...hugged me and moved to another section of the club...I got a text joking i was famous on the innernets..but whatever! So we migle some more..and then it happened..the damn lights went out...the funny shit was..that the owner went scrambling for their bg&e bill..only to see a notice for a scheduled black out..i live for the hood...hahahah...so to compensate..they just start doling out drinks..now im already smashed..but i took it to 100% capacity...it was pretty decent..candles..floodlights and my drunk folks...i'd give the night an A+.
Day 2...no lie..i layed in bed till about 3pm...I didnt move..i didnt have a headache..i just kinda laid there..and really didnt reconvene with the folks till like 7ish...Before they got there i walked down the block(baltimore street...strip club central) to check out one of my fave spots when i was younger...Crazy Johns...the thing about the block is..u'll see all kinds of folks down there...even some chicks that u know shouldnt be strippin, but that's another story...one huge pepsi and a shrimp cheese steak with everything later...the calls begin...that's the good thing about being known for your city..u get the calls when people fall thru...Several calls and a few directions laters everyone was spoken for the Sankofa/Dumhi performance which was most excellent..Paper Moon diner afterwards....jokes and jokes and jokes later..i was home in my air conditioned apartment...I cant wait till Sept. 7.....And now im bloggin live and direct from the laundromat...who's change machine was down this morning..i almost cried...lugging this crap 2 blocks...but a merciful merchant blessed me with 10 bucks worth of qtrs...thank you God! Today is cool out day..because next weekend is finna be a dozie!

Be well..

Ps. I'm still hot that it seems like all the spots i got to have unsecure networks..but the tight wads in my neighborhood dont...i may have to post an ad on craigslist..

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow..you had a great time this past weekend! what happened to that "be like sha" class?...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home