Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's not often that a song haunts me...but this is one of those times..I've had Emily King's cd for some time now. But i refused to bandwagon..so i decided to discover her in my own time. She has this cut..I mean it could be a "he" or a "she"...but "it was you" is one of those rare songs that make u think on a slow night..or a night when u're winding down. A night such as this one when it's 2:31 AM..and u have a few good memories and songs on repeat. This song reminds of me of all the good that went on in my dealings with various men. Namely a few in the past year or so...For various reasons things didn't work...maybe it was me being scared, maybe it was them..*shrugs* but it never got past the conception stage. I don't mourn for what could have been but on nights like this i miss snugglin up with my S.O. and drunkly babblin about what was on my mind..comfortably falling asleep in his arms. Getting that kiss goodnight before i pass out..only to awake to him again :).. Ya know the good things.. It's times like this and times like this only that i long for a committed relation. Maybe one day..but i do believe I'm not ready...relationships have been presented to me on and off the last year but something about them didn't sit well with me so i didn't even entertain them. I never wanna be the chick settling for a piece of something. Some could argue I'm way too old for semantics..but it's all relative...so until i feel like i can be 100% Sha around someone ..it can't be and I've gotten that into my mind.

I was supposed to go to philly for a costume party...but my ride flaked and i ended up in at a Halloween party in Annapolis. While there 2 brothers hit on me. I can tell I'm maturing and that petty part of me is dying because i didn't even entertain that madness. I acknowledged the holla..deflected it and kept it moving. I mean who needs it? Not only that, they were the cousins of a long time friend. I just didn't see a win or a way to manipulate the situation. The party was hilarious...but i didn't get a chance to unveil my costume which i spent days wondering about..*drum rolls* so i decided to go as a SELF PORTRAIT. Hilarious i know..but chuckle inducing nonetheless...When people asked me what i was..I'd lift my frame and say a self portrait and I'd pose like this... I'd get others to pose like this as well

Oh well! I well be out Halloween evening in Fells Point with my costume getting my yuck yuck on.

Lastly I'm checking my fantasy stats to make sure I'm on! It's tough work staying number 1. Thanks to the Champ and his side consultation and reinforcement, i am where i am today. I start bball soon..and he said it would be worse..i may need to drop out because football is way intense for me. But the adrenaline is great :)....

Have a wonderful football sunday..and don't buy that American Gangster bootleg..ahahahha

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM , Blogger rashad said...

Booo on that costume

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Carls said...

I love the costume. It would so keep me laughing.

The simplicity of it is nothing but greatness.

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home