Friday, October 26, 2007

I've hit the mother load!! Yesterday while putting my styling chops to work, I stumbled upon a hidden jewel of a place. Sure it use to be crackin back in the day but I don't think alot of people utilizes it's resources now. I'll give you a clue. It's a retail store with clothing for the whole family. It specializes in designer names(for real..and it's not marshall's nor tjmaxx) for a fraction of the cost. I found a shit load of designer cocktail dresses and dresses period for myself. I'm talking Calvin Klein, Cynthia Rowley and more. It's right up my alley too because I wanna do more dresses. Anyway, me and Deans didn't get anything..but we did hook James up. One tuxedo with alterations, 5 shirts, a few ties and a pocket square later it didn't break the bank! The tie/shirt/pocket square combo i picked out was awesome and risk taking..but what's an affair without taking a risk on fashion. From there we tore Towsontown Center apart trying to look for Dean's a dress. Now, she had pre-ordered one online from Nordstrom. A nice lil number from Maggy London. Online it looked groovy but when she put it on not so much
this lil number here The neck was a bit more loose and it didn't speak to us.

So we had her try on this girl here perfection
She looked stunning in this color and cut. Charmeuse, Silk and Satin are speaking to me this fall...absolutely. But she wanted to search more anddddddddddddddd it was a black and white affair...so we went to Macy's...I instantly started picking up dresses and by the time i looked up, i had my top 5. Now any of you that have met Deans and James know they are both tall in statue...but Deans is very reubensque when it comes to her curves. Throwing that in the mix, made it not so simple to pick and pull but we did it. Rather I picked out the banger.. We settled on a grey silk and charmeuse number with sequin detailing..i know you're thinking..omg sequins! but it was more like beading about the neck. I just tried to go on the Macy's website to find it but couldn't so I'll Frankenstein it..so u can see...take the neck fit and the body on this
and the dark grey color on this
Perfection...a lil smokey eye...and the hair pulled back into a chignon. I know they both will look awesome when they throw the outfits on.
Doing this yesterday and lately within the past week or so i can see me styling full time. *scratches head* hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

After all that shoppin I was so thirsty..so we hit up Tapas Teatro...Twas yet again fun...I had the spinach and crab meat with asiago cream and sherry sauce and the flat iron steak tapas..delicious..coupled with a pint of Stella Artois, it was a damn good cap on a good ass day.

Enjoy your weekend..
ps. I've settled on a costume now pray for my traveling mercies. :)

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM , Blogger Carls said...

Your fashionista based stories amuse me and I figure they provide some sort of insight to something.

Or maybe not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home