Monday, October 15, 2007

When your assistance is sought to find a super dope outfit for a tween who's not yet a teen in body/spirit..what do u pick out? The answer... something super cute.
So me and the bff rip thru the mall with 3 hours to burn. In tow her niece who's going to a Bat mitzvah. Now I hate to aggravate anybody but there was somethings i had to know before i went on this mission...such as fave colors..do u wanna show a shoulder? nothing more than that..I wasn't concern about length..just style..something cute enough for a Bat mitzvah on the water in f'ing Nov(but that's another story). We start in Macy's, Delia's,Gap(?) Arden B., Limited, Express,Black and White and finally Nordstrom. I had verbalized that we should skip all the stores I mentioned and go straight to Nordstrom..but no...we went in every last store..everything was either too revealing, too casual and not age appropriate..So finally we step foot into BP@ Nordstrom..I go straight for the dresses...Eureka! A cream and brown polka dot cap sleeve baby doll dress..Yes! age appropriate, fun, and youthful.. I was also amazed at all the color they had available since it is now officially winter in the fashion world.. NEways..For me I felt we didn't have to look any further it was the dress..i was convinced the fit and everything would be superb..But the bff had to pluck a few more dress..and what happened? The dress i picked was the winner.. Everything about this dress on this girl screamed Yes!I'm appropriate.. Next was shoes..we decided to go down to the rack..she didn't want a kitten heel rather a flat..that was the next challenge..what could be worn against satin..yes..i failed to mention the dress was adorably satin..we decided patent leather with chocolate tights since it's on the water...she loved the idea..found the shoes and the tights. Mission accomplished..Out of a budget of about 300...we spent a total of 160 complete for this outfit from head to toe..awesome...i think we need our own show :) Maybe i need to pitch this to tvone or bet...I tried to find a pic of the dress but alas no dice..omg it's hard out here for a tween without a teen body..everything was strapless or backless and i'm like wow..way to age our youth..geez store buyers...

I found a tv on craigslist and the chick said she would drop it off...as my luck would have it I haven't heard from the hoe since fri. morning..that's alright because
I have a tv tuner for my laptop and i think i fell in love with this new gadget..that and window media center...Because I have basic cable so I don't have a tvr function..but with media center I don't have to miss one of my shows again...yippee...my laptop is about 15inch and i don't mind one bit..I'm seriously thinking of not even buying another tv, I'm so impressed..either that or buying a new flat screen monitor and installing windows on my old pc :)

I have a new love

Now I tried the VS makeup when it was in it's infancy stages but hadn't been back since. But i tried on a color called Cocoalicious..OMG! i love it..For black girls with more brown color in our lips it's a godsend. It has gold and bronze flicks in it..ya know brown girls with brown lips cant wear anything with a silver in it..makes out lips look like Pookie .

The girly swap went on without a hitch..a good time was had by all.
We ended our night @ Tapas Teatro
Good food, ambiance, atmosphere and fun. Check em out if u have a moment.

2 Comments:

At 6:54 AM , Blogger Carls said...

Took it back with Pookie.

Sounds like you had fun lending your fashionista knowledge onto the tween. Then went to get you lip gloss poppin' to enjoy the rest of the wknd.

Yeah, I couldn't resist. It amused me

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a fun filled weekend!
for the record i used to LOVE the Brass Plum section at Nordstrom...it was the ONLY place to shop cuz you could find almost anything in that piece...(i used to work in the bp shoe section)
and i don't buy anything BUT vs lip gloss cuz it's not sticky like lip glass and it comes in cute tasty smelling colors

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home