Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Today would have been the first day in many moons that I would have bust my ass in heels. Trying to be cute i wore heeled knee boots to work this morning. Normally I'd wear flats during my commute but i decided to throw caution to the wind. Who knew that wouldn't be the only thing in the wind this morning. Everything was fine as i left my apartment with 90% of the banana pie I made. I bought it to work because it was just sitting in the house..and i couldn't bring myself to eat more than a slice a day...anyway..I'm teetering along..to the bus stop..get on the bus..sip my chai latte..
It wasn't until i got off the bus that my problems started...I'm mid way thru my brisk morning walk from loch raven to hillen road. And then my heels started feeling funny..

Like wobbly..I shrug it off...till i go to step down on a kinda steep lil dip in the side walk..and it happened..the heel either bent back or forward..but all i felt was me dipping. Normally no one is out during my commute..maybe motorist, but no one walking ..but this morning..it was teeming with people..I immediately stopped dead in my tracks..adjust my ipod headphones..all this while I'm playing off the wobbly feeling in my heel..I get my stride back up and it happens again. :( This time as i was crossing the street..can't play that off..so i just kept it moving...I finally got to my desk and sure enough the heel looked a bit shaky..i have no back up shoes..this will be and interesting day to say the least...on top of that my hair feels very busy..very wolf man jack.. :(

In other news the crab cakes went off without a hitch..very tasty but i will never use back fin again in my life...just jumbo lump or lump when i make my next batch. I also made potato salad with it...I even went out on a limb and made a dipping sauce with pesto/mayo/lil mustard/and a lil relish..very tangy and delicious if i say so myself...It wasn't until i started chowing down that i decided i should have snapped a pic...i did but the crab cake was half eaten so i deleted..ahaha..I'll start photographing my culinary forays :)

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM , Blogger rashad said...

Not enough emphasis was placed on if you fell, how you fell, and if anyone laughed. You can't just skim over those vital details.

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger BewRadley said...

I didn't fall and no one laughed i didn't even look to see..haha

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger ihsanamin said...

I wish I had some crab cakes, yo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home