Monday, December 10, 2007

If this weekend was any indication of the weekend I'll have this upcoming weekend...my year will be complete. So much this weekend. I was presented with a business proposal to assist with a styling opportunity. Another was to be the only female on an all male party promoting team comprised of MD/VA/DC affiliates. Now I can say most of my politicking is done out and over drinks. It was while I was out in the midst of mingling that these opportunities were proposed to me. We'll see where they go in the long run, but the fact that people saw my swagger and my go getter attitude is amazing. We all have our strengths and I guess being a social butterfly is mine.

I got a call this weekend from a customer asking if i still had my crocheted home goods line. To which i said no and referred them to someone else but, it seems she got out the game too. I mean for the amount of time it takes to make one long scarf, people weren't trying to pay the fee. It had gotten to the point that I'd only take deposits to start work. I use to sit in the house all week..maybe part of the weekend finishing projects for people to pick up. I must say that my craftsmanship was excellent but people were so instant..they wanted their hats right then and there. I'd have to explain that these were tailored to fit not just some run of the mill one size fits alls..so rather than having to sell and resell myself all over again, i stopped crocheting. The fun was gone. I still rock the ones I've made for myself over the years but if i do, do it again..it'll just be for shits and giggles.

I was briefly in DC saturday night for a house party/fight party..Good time...I bought my friend out with me. He had a good time...Typically he's quiet, but i'm glad he fit right in amongst the weirdness. On the ride home i was so done...all he kept saying was how well i held my likka and other substances. If he only knew how hard I was fighting to not fall asleep..ahahaha But i do suppose my tolerance is pretty high at this point. At one point in the evening my homeboy inadvertently said that he was watching the fight at home. This jawn his use to talk to, during a phone conversation to that to mean she was invited. She came thru and was amazed at how many folks was there...Needless to say that convo woulda been funny if i cared enough to pay attention later.

There was no Erro freestyle concerning the impending upset he thought he was finna hand me. With all of his games played and me having 2 games tonight..it's pretty much a wrap for our soulful crooner. Altho when i was on my way out the spot..he spotted me and said, "you won!" I'm sure I did Erro...I'm sure I did. Now the funny thing about Eden's is that it was overran with fans of this group called Ndellable. Now I mean I'd heard this cat David James' stuff on 88.9 and was like ok i could get into it..needless to say..the snobby music head i am...he needs to stick to all his own original music and keep his voice low enough as not to crack(meaning straight studio performing). He opened his set with "Crazy." Now, not many people can sing Cee-Lo's song...having said that..while i was in the bathroom..all you heard was his vocals and i thought, sweet jesus this guy here. When i got back out on the show floor, it sounded better accompanied by music but i could tell the vast majority of the crowd wasn't feeling him or that song. He bought hella people with him tho..so i guess he knew his audience. By the time Erro stepped on the stage the audience was really ready for some good music..and he delivered opening his set with a freestyle about coming to bmore...i think erro wanted to be a rapper back in the day, because his freestyles are so hilarious and witty at times. This one obnoxious guy kept screaming about show bmore some love and how he coulda been home watching the game...honestly i saw the score in the 2nd quarter(30-7) and i was ill...so the shorty of belvedere in my purse made up for it...at any rate erro freestyled about how dude sacrificed coming to the show to please his woman and how being a ravens fan sucked..hahahaha Son! i was sick to my stomach but eh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home