Friday, January 11, 2008

Last night I went out for Tapas and a movie. The very good thing about living in downtown, is that there is such a place. You purchase your tickets at the movie theater and walk a few feet for some tapas..you can even get a drink and take it in the movie from the tapas place..there is also a crepe place right next door to it...One stop shopping if you will. Lemme go off on a tangent for a moment...One of the problems with living downtown is that every time i see another black person in an establishment such as the place as aforementioned..their either homeless, crazy and homeless, just plain crazy or that one oreo(yes some folks still say oreo..but i used it here to prove a point) Now last night as I finished eating my tapas which were good..Might I add their spinach and lump crabmeat with asiago cheese is delicious!!!! Not withstanding the cheap price of Stella Artois....I enjoyed my meal..i always do...After a long day and some back and forth with the bew..I decided to get my ass out of the house and not mope. It worked...I've went off on all kinda tangents but I hope you're still here... Anyway as I sat waiting for the movie to be seated there was this lady..At first glance you might think she was a patron of the theater but upon further review she was not. As she sat there punishing a bag of popcorn, she mumbled about lord knows what..then it happened...She had been cramming her hand in the bag since i sat down..she poked a hole clear thru it..as the popcorn came out the bottom of the bag..she clasped her legs and feet together to catch it..and she still ate it..now ok...I'll do this at home, but not out.. just as she did that i swore every white person up in that piece(which was 98%) looked at me as if to say,"get ya girl." And i find this happens often downtown or in establishments where there's a predominantly white crowd. I know one would argue the merits of one man does not reflect on another...but in this case it did. I felt no kinda way about it...because as soon as they all looked at me..they called for our movie. Once inside the theater seated I'd forgotten my umbrellas in the tapas part and went back...As soon as i came in they knew what i was there for...being the only black chick there has it's advantages. Which leads me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

I've never been one who liked gory movies...Like i wont and refuse to see anything of the Hostel/Saw variety..But ummmm I'd venture to say Sweeney Todd is right up there with those stories. I mean I know Tim Burton's style..and the mash up of Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, i knew would prove to be wicked. But the manor in which they choose to show Sweeney killing people..ugh...I think it was the kill on top of how their bodies were disposed that really got in my craw..but i was there and i sat thru the movie. I shared a row with an old married white couple..as the house lights came up..we both kinda look at each other like damn Tim...did Stephen see this(Stephen as in Sondheim At any rate...as a former College Prep and IB/AP student things such as this movie,period piece shows and movies fascinate me..they use to get down back in the day...treacherous lot they were..so corrupt..and they say the 21st century is shot to shit. eh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home