Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh joy! Jury Duty...in an attempt to capture my joy..i shall bite the champs style of play by play blogging..

8-9: I get to the court house, only to be met with a huge ass line..I suppose we're all late. The have one security guard checking people in..he puts me in mind of ole otis. There's a few dudes who came up in this piece sauced..i suppose they wont be called for a jury..or maybe they'll sober up by the time they get picked..but something tells me that's part of the strategy. I finally get thru and in the waiting area..geez...bodies...i mean people..they called numbers 1-850 today and i think every single person came out..I mean who doesn't wanna miss work?..and get paid 15 bucks to sit in someones face and decide their fate.

9-10: Check in..we get our monies and our notices stamped to validate our attendance here. Sure..i grab my 15 bucks..my juror taggy and roll out..back in the corral...i don't wanna bust out my laptop cause it seems i got a jury buddy...she has a centro too..we rap a taste..they call the first pool for a potential case..number 1-400...yes..not me

10-11: More waiting..at this point my ass is hurting..why because i'm regular as hell..and i used the bathroom before i came to the court house..so now my ass is hurting..rather my anus..i gotta speak to the doctor about my level of regularity..i mean after every meal..before bed and upon waking...i'm sharing this with u cause yall my fam..hahah. they call 2 more pools...i'm still not called 400-615..615-663...almost got me..I'll be editing this as soon as i'm called i guess..so until then..eh..I paid 5 bucks for unlimited wifi for the day..it expires at 9. I've already updated itunes..windows media(cause i havent bought a teevee yet..and i'm still in no rush)

You know people sure are nosey(all on my screen..what's a blog?)..i mean..we are all here to serve but some just want that green..but what i wanna know is..how u finna call someone for jury duty and not know that they have been convicted of a crime? how does that shit work?..

I've been playing eyesies with this dude..he asked what i was doing for lunch..but i'm spending my qt with the bff..we back on and solid as a rock(c) ashford and simpson...

lunch is from 1230-145..pray i don't get called because then i don't get my whole time

12:20-1:40- I had lunch with the bff and her work cronies. On the way out of the court house and old man accosted me about the cost of my laptop and him wanting to get one for his granddaughter..translation..bitch you better not leave yo laptop unattended. I had a good lunch..but now i fear it's bathroom time again..my anus still hurts :( I got back to the court house at 120, fire up the laptop..i think i'm experiencing laptop envy because everyone who walks pass is giving me the eye...or maybe it's my shiny ass lips...maybe it's the lips..too much sex in the courthouse?
I'm perusing air tran for cheap tickets to ATL. I vowed to get out of my normal travelling rut and branch outside of nyc, va, nj and pa. I suppose once we ajourn from lunch my number will be called..they'll ask me some questions and i'll either be picked or dismissed..and placed in another jury pool...until then.

150-500: Number 665-850, 1-200, and 615-620 are called...I wench..my ass hurts and these hard ass chairs are no help. We all pile in the court room. The defendant is all in my face. No doubt he looks familiar but, damn can i have my face back. Allegedy he carjacked and attempted to murder someone. He's innocent till proven guilty but damn. The judge proceeds to ask questions of the group, asking us to stand if the answer is yes. Do we know the defendant, the lawyers, the cops and etc. He poses the question has anyone in your family or yourself been a victim of crime, been incarcerated or have pending charges..damn near the whole room stands up. We then must say our number and be seated. I answered affirmative..a crime was done to me..and a family member had indeed been incarcerated(scarfaces) sorry...every time i say or see incarcerated..i think scarfaces...shout out raekwon...at any rate...this continues on for several hours..till we are all called to the front for our tete with the judges and the counsel as to the particulars of our affirmative answers. The strange thing is the defendent is there the whole time in yo face! So my number being as tho i was the first number in this batch is called...I'd had several crimes done to me and my mother had been locked up..the judge asks me what crimes..i said home invasion and armed robbery with malicious intent. For those that know a lil about..they dont know i was robbed at gun point and was forced, or rather told to lay down..and i straight refused..i mean i couldnt be raped and if that meant me getting shot..so be it...being a victim of molestation..there's nothing worse than shit..someone forcing themselves on you..and to me being shot was better than having some man rip me to shreds..I got emotional and i felt my face get hot..my eyes started to well..the judge tried to plead with my sensibilities..i said your honor..i can not with a clear conscience say i'd be unbiased in this case..i just can't...he reads my mini file..and says a educated woman such as myself could seperate my emotions on this matter and assist this man with a fair trial..i said i simply couldnt..and i couldnt...so i sat there for a few more hours stewing in my emotional juices if you will..i eventually fell asleep..only to be awakened by a fellow juror..the judge had final dismissed a few of us...So i escaped..another year..trial free.

One thing about it tho..it forces you to really think about things that happened to you..I'd supressed that shit deeply..and it wasnt until i heard the word gun that i just lost it..night folks.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Blogger rashad said...

You had me at anus

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lol...at least you regular...you don't want my problems honey...no you don't...lol

did you get my email about the vaca for 200 bucks for 7days on a cruise in november??

what are you doing the weekend of 08-08?? i think i'm going to napa, california and drink wine until my anus hurts...wanna come?

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yatra is a Hindi word by this words indication is traveling with targeted destination place with more secure and good more facility with traveling discount. In case this type of facility is provided with more discount air tickets in home Town. Your may get easily air tickets. By bookcheapairtickets.com there have more discount offer to you.

Thanks & Regares

Cheap Air Tickets

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home