Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You know the worse part about being a friend? It's when your friends go thru things and you have to be that ear... But what happens when you have nothing to add?...except for good riddance? This happens----> Since i got back from CO, I haven't talk to my bff about her break up with her beau of many years. Reason being...I have alot going on myself and really don't have anything to add.. I saw her wed. of last week..was supposed to see her fri..but didn't feel like the trek in the rain to see her...Sunday i didn't do a damn thing nor Monday..so that leads us to tues. A coworker who i referred to her went to get their hair cut last night..we have this night called get ya wig whipped wed...me and all the people i referred go..but some folks have broken the pattern..at any rate she hooked up with them last night leaving me out..this morning jokingly i sent a text..why y'all ain't call me? and that let the floods out..i got attitude from every which direction...u know half the battle with being a good friend/lover, etc..is knowing when to hold your tongue and picking your battles...well this one i was willing to let slide..till my coworker came in and attempted to tell me about myself and my friendship...I damn near went off..and quite frankly i was annoyed, that someone who hasn't known me or my bff that long was trying to read me..in of all places..my job! I promptly called the bff and told her that i wasn't giving her attitude but the last thing I'd heard from her was she was at a funeral...that was it..she claimed she didn't get my text..but anyway...at this point i was beyond disgusted but decided to hold my tongue again..asked her what she was doing tonight..she was hanging out a few blocks from my house...was she gonna call me? i doubt it..i asked her why everyone knew the complete stories..u know this hoe hollered..well they asked...I'm like is your phone broke? and that leads me to...should i have to call u to get the rundown on your issue? I mean granted i am the bff, but the last we talked i basically got the gist..and i know u bout tired of mofos asking anyway..is it wrong of me to want to table this topic when it comes to us? Ugh! At any rate she's not the only one going thru it..and I'm just tired of being a band aid for folks..i mean come on..how much of me can go around? And when i go thru things who's helping me? No one...I'm the type of person when i go thru things i don't mistreat people or expect to talk about it ad nauseum.. i just withdraw, work it out and resurface..*sigh...i hate days like this..

THANK GOD I HAVE JURY DUTY TOMORROW...I GET A DAY OF REPRIEVE FROM EVERYONE.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Blogger ihsanamin said...

:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home