Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Coming off of a 3 day weekend is great. I haven't been in the office since thur. of last week. In between partying @ Marvin in DC, writing a restaurant review, securing a new spot for my monthly parties, helping the bff move and unpack, watching the superbowl and catching up on The Wire, I managed to relax as well. Last week was just a hectic week all together. That coupled with trying to undate someone, that made for an interesting weekend. I don't know where to start..So i guess the beginning it is.

I'd gotten an email from a friend to come party @ this spot Marvin. It's in NW, the U street corridor. I was impressed. It gave off a lounge feel, but it mos def wasn't a lounge. Everything that came out of the kitchen looked and smelled like heavennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. The drinks were moderately priced and potent. They even had a cool outdoor patio with heating lamps..the whole vibe of the spot was sexy...Complete with pics of jazz greats up on the walls. I have to go back..this time not as a group tho. My one complaint was one of the bartenderesses(so not a word) seemed out of it...like high at work. She clearly acknowledged me, took my order and proceeded to wait on everyone around me..needless to say she never made my drink. So i stood there patiently looking at this chick and she never said anything to me. Another bartender had to complete my order. Other than that i was all good... After that the peoples weren't ready to go in so we went to Adam's Morgan to Felix for a producers showcase. I wasn't feeling that because it was jam packed with dudes...trying to look thuggish. :( I didn't fit in at all..but then again I'm use to that. I had on my work clothing so i was dressed for business hours. Albeit fine..but ya know I looked like i was an executive or something. I got home at about 12ish and decided that i wasn't going to work...and i was glad..

Because it rained all day....I lounged all day..I felt kinda bad because my bff was moving but for the accident prone you just don't move in the rain. I knew I would be more of a hindrance than a help, so i waited for the Saturday move to assist. In addition to lounging, I spent the day on text seemingly discussing why i didn't wanna date a dude. Like he didn't take we don't mesh well as an answer. And it was the truth. We just didn't vibe. I wasn't interested in sticking around to see if eventually we would. I'm sorry. I'm at the point in my life where i know what i want and what i don't want. And I didn't want him.

Saturday...i sprung up with renewed energy and bounced to the raw bar. I held it down for 2.5 hours, talking sports, politics and video games. The raw bar is just like the barber shop..Mostly dudes talking out the side of their necks. 2 dozens oysters and 5 beers later..it was time for me to be out. I walked to the bff's new spot and got there just in time to help with unpacking and cleaning. I was buzzed so everything and the time flew past...Before I knew it was 11pm...I got the bff her first meal for her first night in her new spot. It's her first time living completely on her own and I'm so very proud of her. I did tell her once she lives alone she'll never wanna live with someone else..unless it's to marry. :)

Everyone hemmed and hawed about not having a super bowl party..so i chilled..till i got a call at 5pm. "Hay girl, I'm having something out my house." I got dressed, my friends came to scoop me..we got the liks and hotfooted it out to Greenspring. This was my first superbowl out there house since their dad(my uncle petey passed) and it wasn't the same. The basement where the dudes were was clearly cold and incomplete. I really miss Uncle Pete at times when someone is talking smack and clearly don't know what they talking bout..cause uncle would say,"what the hell are you talking about?" then he'd give them that wise sage look...and instant sonning. :) I was relegated to watching the game with the chicks..who wanted to split the teevee time between the super bowl and hgtv...ugh! The let me have the 1st 2 qtrs..but got bored "when no one was scoring." I explained to them the beauty of this game was in the way the respective defenses were playing the hell out of each other...I also tried to explain that The Giants offense was a bit more wily and cunning than that of Pats..at this time. *sigh* They all looked so confused...that's the last time i try to explain football to a chick or chicks. Dudes I respect all of you who try...*soul power fist*

and that leads me to Monday...............which was spent on pirate bay..and other sites fishing for the entire season of the wire. I'm up to episode 7. So now all i have to see is 8, 9 and 10. If anyone knows where i can get those..holla!

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM , Blogger rashad said...

This sentence: "I was relegated to watching the game with the chicks..who wanted to split the teevee time between the super bowl and hgtv." made me very sad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home