Saturday, January 26, 2008

Guess what?
.
.


.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.I didn't go on my date...as luck would have it dude had just gotten back from VA and was very tired himself. So......I slid my bootie to DC to have happy hour with a few folks. Now as luck would have it I got dropped off at the Laurel MARC station..My coworker pulls off, I proceed to the ticket window..that shit was closed and had been closed since 10am..so i ask myself..how the fuck are you to get tickets? A lady sensing my confusion offered her 2 bits. You could pay on the train and not be penalized..sweettttttt..i thought...not really..because just as i thought that was cool..i reached into my pocket and i only had 3 bucks..now it was 5 to dc but as luck would have it again..this particular line stopped @ Greenbelt..awesome...so again the lady offered her help and gave me 2 more dollars..Thank God for those little bright spots that make our days better. The train comes, I board it with my small bag of goodies i had acquired @ lunch. You know what? The conductor never came around for the fare..and my stop was only 2 stops away from where i boarded..sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett.. I get to U street thinking I was gonna hit up Alero first..no dice! That shit was extra packed..i said forget it and decided to take an L and show up to happy hour before my folks..like an hour before but who's counting? Anyway..the name of the club was BarNun..not no more..So i'm standing across the street like umm where is Bar Nun? Did they kinda like move and relocate or is it just called something else..I called a few people like where is bar nun? The let me know and i was like ok..it's not Barnun no more...It's now called Pure Lounge..The inside now looks like a Diddy video...particularly the video with Mase..Bad Boys i think it was..it's all lit up...i thought how nice..now lemme get up on these buck rails...not so fast their 2..but i still got my drink on...exquisitely. By the time the rest of the party arrived i was toasty..Good thing too..a dude had to be bounced out and he decided to wyle out before they could..he threw a drink..and it got all over me :(. But i was tipsy so it was like wtf? did i spill my drink on myself..the owner got us another round which was promptly taken away by the mexican bus boys(those motherfuckers will throw away your soul if that shit was on a table) The thing is we weren't even finished our drinks..goes to show we didnt need anymore. Some folks had the bright idea of going to Liv..another friend suggested we go support another friend who was in a beat battle...Now we opted for the beat battle but upon entering i realized I was a permed sistah in a sea of bohos..twas hilarious...i thought to myself..this use to be my crowd..but by the time the patchouli climbed into my nostril making me nauseous, me and my homie decided that the evening was pretty much a wrap..by the time we made it back to greenbelt to get the car, we both were beat..This time we made it to the metro on time..no cab to greenbelt..Good times.

This next paragraph is dedicated to why i shouldnt have children. My youngest god child got sick today. Or rather had been sick prior to today. I was suppose to hang out with them..but i got a text at 945 saying they had to cancel and that Ally needed to go to the emergency room..NOw..I don't know about you..but let someone I love go to the emergency room..all kinds of madness is swimming in my head..so i'm calling and texting like crazy..nothing..now normally i'd round up the posse and make moves..but by them living in AA county..a sister couldnt do that..so i was at the mercy of time. I got another text at 12..they'd finally reached the emergency room..345 she was still waiting..i'm like damn..the baby has a fever...3 something hour wait for real> At any rate, to wrap this up..I spent the greater portion of the day worried shitless...Then i got the call she was ok..she had the flu and she was dehydrated..whew, i thought but still..by the time the whole thing was over...i needed a strong drink..and one i had. I also did some major retail therapy. A sista had to relax, relate, release. Needless to say i dont need to spend another red cent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home