Saturday, February 09, 2008



I don't think I'll ever miss a Donuts are Forever event thrown by Rare Form again. I had a blast..I mean I had more than a blast. From huggin all of the beautiful people, vibin and dancin on stage with Phonte, and enjoying the beautiful works of art that Dilla left us. I mean the amount of people who showed and supported was awesome. I saw and met some awesome musical people who's music i love..Sadiq of PPP and DJ Evil Dee to name a few. Not to mention Phonte and Dj House shoes who did a awesome ass job. As far as I'm concerned Rare Form should travel all of the states and throw these parties in each major metropolitan city. I'd been excited all week but words can't express the feeling that kinda rested in SouthPaw last night..So much love for Dilla..so much love for good music..so much love for people man. I know I sound like a hippie but you should've been there dear reader. I got a text about 1ish from my homegirl Nikk...she lives in BK and said she was checking out the event on a humble and low and behold who is on the stage rocking..but no other than yours truly...she said it wasn't even her who spotted me..rather a coworker...lol :) And how did she spot me/recognize me...my dope ass hair cut!!! We stayed at a hotel relatively close. I have alot of folks who stay in nyc but i knew i'd be coming in late and leaving early so i thought the hotel share was the best bet. Pics can be seen HERE and HERE

We stayed at Hotel LeBleu It looked like a hotel room out of a Hype Williams video...the whole bathroom was frosted...it also had a curtain capability...I thought it was rather sexy..if you were at the hotel with ya mate..you could get em worked up by lathering up..owwwwwwwwwwww...*note to self come back and stay at this hotel with the dude* The decor was white with turquoise accents....awesome awesome awesome..

I am now working on 2.5 hours of sleep..after the party we went to cozy diner in the village to get a bite to eat...very early in the morning, nyc is so beautiful to drive around and look at the still streets and buildings..Being there yesterday made me realize how much i missed nyc...I gotta go back.

that's all for now.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM , Blogger tia said...

i LOVE your hair. i'm not brave enough to pull it off myself but i do want to go shorter.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger BewRadley said...

u almost there tiatia...your cut is fab..just start taking more and more off one side..and viola!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger tia said...

thank u. i think i'm gonna grow it out. i can't make up my mind!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home